HYPE Energy cycling team

HYPE Energy cycling team
2008 Team jersey

Hype Energy Drinks

Monday, May 4, 2009

Form coming in

After a good weekend on the bike, I have seen my form coming in. Racing at Murrarie on Saturday was really good. I felt a bit dubious about my form when I got there as I haven't raced at Muzz in a while and the differnece in speed and ability between Nundah and Murrarie is huge. But, once the race started and I got intot he flow of the race I wa pleasantly surprised. The speed was there the strength was there and the gaps found me.
Sunday I headed out to the Zupps bunch ride and once again the feelings were good. Legs were light and loose and the body was relaxed. When the ride kicked into top gear, I found it easy to move up to the front and get across the gaps.
The only downside to the wekend is small tear in my right Hamstring which started to hurt at the 100km mark on Sunday. But after 230km over the weekend with some very hard and fast racing efforts forming the majority of the kms I am happy.
Today, being a public holiday, I have had a quiet day, no bike as yet but I will probably get on the rollers for 30min just to spin the legs and keep them soft and supple.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Wade(US rider in Cinelli-Down Under Team) after his huge crash and Coma over the weekend.
Ciao

No comments: