HYPE Energy cycling team

HYPE Energy cycling team
2008 Team jersey

Hype Energy Drinks

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Every thing right- Except the finish

Well the Metro Crit Title was run yesterday and another great race. Fast aggressive and all eyes on me. Being the defending Champ, I was a marked man and as a result so was my whole team. HYPE Energy made sure that we had a rider in every attempt to gap the race, giving us a chance at every point. THe boys did a mountain of work and still had enough in the legs to pull me to the front for the finish.
THe finishing 2laps, OMG, very sketchy. Bikes and riders going everywhere, chopping wheels, some riders power sliding on some corners. At one stage, I had one of my team mates bars under my leg and ended up sitting on them at 55km/h. The last lap I was positioned perfectly for the sprint but a second lineout on the right of me kicked at 200m and the wheels in front of me faded leaving me dropping of the pace a bit. I jumped across to the other line and started to sprint but all I ended up doing was saving myself from being passed. I picked up 2 slots and finished in 7th. THe first 6 places were pretty much lined across the course not leaving a path through, so being in the winning roup is a good result in the end.
Pictures to come soon

Good Luck to the HYPE Energy Team at the Metro Road Race at Mt Alford today.

For me it is time to get some TT training in and some hills ready for the Battle on the Border-Tour de Tweed Coast, next weekend. I ahve all this week off to ride and get the kms in and finalise my condition.

The plan is for Tim for GC and me for stage wins. But you know what they say about plans, theye go out the window as soon as the race starts.
Wish us luck!!! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have here...I wonder if you like bike then you must like bike games...you can play bike games at this site Bike Games. Also, you can play more game sites at Online Games, Kissing Games, Car Games, Driving Games, Truck Games, Dress Up Games, Games for Girls, Addicting Games and Girl Games.